1.31.2012

An Imaginary Shop By the Sea

Welcome to my fantasy world where I imagine opening an exciting new shop by the sea! Come on in and join me as I visually take you there with out-of-focus imagery, and glimpses of the place I call frenchmans bay tea co.  Taken from the name of the bay that surrounds the peninsula where I live, and from my newly discovered preference for tea, the name itself is one of the few elements that I envision clearly. So far, I've just been sitting here dreaming of serving up tea cakes, waiting for you to arrive.  








My freshly baked and decorated 3-tiered cakelets.  In real life, the cakelet pan was a gift, but you can find one here.  










Below is a vintage and beautifully tarnished silverplate tea set that in real life I already sold on Etsy.  It's the type of thing that I envision to have in my new shop.   




So here I begin, curious to see where this little exercise in pretend will take me.  Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope I haven't scared you away yet with my crazy dreaming.  If not, brace yourself, there's much more coming!

11 comments:

  1. So beautiful an
    yes, so YOU! I
    am looking forward
    to more visits and
    to seeing what you
    dream up for this
    lovely shop!

    xx Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful and yummy little shop it would be.....and lovely music to browse by! Thanks for the fun little visit.....can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Lili - this is going to be so much fun! Like a virtual tea party that never ends! Who says that you have to give up pretending when you grow up!! I am so excited to play along - and I am off to get my best tea party hat~~

    Love always,
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! When I come to Maine, even if it is only a trip in my mind, I will come to your shop each and every time I visit!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. so very sweet! I can't wait to visit again...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your new space Lili! I look forward to visiting often!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so wonderful - I will come over and enjoy imaginary tea and cakes in your imaginary shop - in my imagination - this is going to be such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely...if ONLY it were real...of course I'm hundreds of miles away...so I can't think of anything more wonderful than to be able to imagine it with you...pretending that I am actually visiting with my dear Maine bloggy sis...I'll have one of the little cakes PLEASE!!! I can envision you running a shop exactly like this with the music playing and scrumptious sprinkled edibles, and little seaside paintings and driftwood and shell vignettes,...and the wonderful smells of tea brewing... and of course....Simon. :-) HUGS to you Lili. what fun...xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Lili-I love it! It's so perfect that it just has to be pretend! Well thats too sad-so I'm pretending it's real! I'm visiting often! Header is great too!
    Sunny day here-downeast too!?
    Rain

    ReplyDelete